locgov/standards/mets * Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies (PREMIS) www.
What does PREMIS stand for?
PREMIS stands for Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies (working group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PREMIS
We have 1 other meaning of PREMIS in our Acronym Attic
- Panhandle Rural Electric Membership Association (Nebraska)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association
- Prevention in the Museums of Africa
- Profitable Environmental Management (Germany)
- Pregnant Mare Urine (also seen as PMU)
- Prevention and Mitigation of Fire Hazards
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (conference)
- Professional Resolution Experts of Michigan (Beverly Hills, MI)
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence Association at Singapore
- Pesticide Residue Elimination Management Information Service
- Professional Real Estate Management Information System
- Purdue Registration and Event Management Information System (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Productivity in Embedded Software Engineering of Electronics Based Equipment
- Prediction of Mutations in MLH1 AND MLH2 (Lynch syndrome)
- Presentation Environment for Multimedia Objects (ISO Standard 14478)
- Pre-Mobilization (US DoD)
- Peace Regional Emergency Medical Services (Canada)
- Photo Reconnaissance & Exploitation Management Support System
- Premiere Technologies, Inc
- Pacific Real Estate Network (Windsor Capital Mortgage Corporation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The GBPounds 5,000 Digital Preservation Award went to PREMIS--the Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies Working Group.