Ennis Whitehead, commander of Continental Air Command, warmed to the idea that the program would definitely help establish day-to-day continuity at reserve locations during the weeks that the part-time reserve force was not present for duty.
What does PFD stand for?
PFD stands for Present For Duty
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PFD
We have 123 other meanings of PFD in our Acronym Attic
- Pittsburgh Fire Department
- Plandome Fire Department (Plandome, NY)
- Plug Flow with Dispersion (environmental science)
- Policy Formulation Division (DCAA)
- Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia
- Portland Fire Department
- Power Flux Density (electrical engineering)
- Prairie Farms Dairy (Carlinville, IL)
- Preparation for Demonstration
- Prepared For Dyeing
- Presidio Fire Department
- Primary Flight Display
- Primary Frontal Dune (flooding)
- Prion-Forming Domain (proteins)
- Privolzhsky Federal District (Russia; aka Volga Region)
- Probability of Failure on Demand
- Probability-of-error Fault Detection
- Process Flow Design
- Process Flow Diagram
- Production, Fielding/Deployment
Samples in periodicals archive:
The aggregate strength was 106 enlisted men and one officer, but only 84 were present for duty.
74) Proof of Title 32 status can be derived from a copy of the unit training calendar for the time period in question, a certification by the member's commander that they were present for duty during the UTA or a copy of the pay documents, if available, showing the member was paid for the drill.
What should impress the reader is the professional growth of a group of Army officers who were ready and present for duty when needed at the highest levels of government.
All contracts of employment state, infer or imply that staff must be present for duty in a fit state and remain in such a state whilst on duty".