This review will present some of the current controversial topics in total joint arthroplasty, including preoperative autologous blood donation versus erythropoietin (EPO) usage, preoperative screening and treatment for methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and the use of continuous passive motion (CPM) following total knee arthroplasty (TKA), providing an evidence-based guide for the treating orthopaedic surgeon.
What does PABD stand for?
PABD stands for Preoperative Autologous Blood Donation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PABD
We have 1 other meaning of PABD in our Acronym Attic
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
- Power-Aware Buffer Cache (computer memory management)
- Private Activity Bond Cap (finance management)
- Professional Accountants in Business Committee (International Federation of Accountants)
- Protected Areas and Biodiversity Conservation Unit (Sarawak Forestry Corporation; Malaysia)
- Public Archives of British Columbia (Canada)
- Pennsylvania Association of Building Code Officials
- Persatuan Astronomi Negara Brunei Darussalam (astronomical society)
- Preadmission Autologous Blood Donation
- Predeposit Autologous Blood Donation
- Publish and Be Damned
- Pakistani American Business Executives (Torrance, CA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Bar Executives
- Public Perceptions of Agricultural Biotechnologies in Europe
- Pulmonary Artery Branches Embolism (vascular medicine)
- Pennsylvania Association of Bail Enforcement Agents (professional group)
- Policy Advisory Board for Elder Affairs (Hawaii)
- Pacific Area Bridge Federation
- Pan American Baseball Federation (est. 2003)
- Precision Air Bearing Floor
Samples in periodicals archive:
They may want to order preoperative autologous blood donation, although this is expensive and can be wasteful, since more than half of the blood banked for autologous use is never used for that purpose.