of Michigan) supply hospitalists, internists, anesthesiologists, allied health professionals, fellows, residents and medical students with a reference to various aspects of care of the surgical patient, focusing on preoperative and postoperative medical management and not intraoperative management.
What does PREOP stand for?
PREOP stands for Preoperative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Photo Reconnaissance & Exploitation Management Support System
- Premiere Technologies, Inc
- Pacific Real Estate Network (Windsor Capital Mortgage Corporation)
- Parenting Resource and Education Network (Pennsylvania)
- Pitting Resistance Equivalent Number
- Portland Research and Education Network (Oregon)
- Pressurized Entrained Flow (Process)
- Portsmouth Race Equality Network Organisation (UK)
- Permanent Register of Electors for Ontario
- Provincial Regional Emergency Operations Centre (Canada)
- Peng-Robinson Equation of State (chemical engineering)
- Prediction of Performance & Range for Electro-Optical Systems
- Prepare for Shipyard Overhaul
- Pediatrics Review and Education Program
- Peer Review Evaluation Process (various organizations)
- Periodic Radar Evaluation Program
- Policy Resource Education Paper
- Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program
- Potentially Reduced-Exposure Product (tobacco industry)
- PowerPC Reference Platform
Samples in periodicals archive:
The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence of preoperative malnutrition in our hip and knee replacement population and to examine the correlation between the patients' nutritional grading scores and the prevalence of a positive nasal Staphylococcus cultures.
Dear Editor: We read with interest the case report from the EAR, NOSE, & THROAT JOURNAL entitled "Successful elective surgery in a patient with a positive preoperative cocaine toxicology screen" by Drs.
The Use of Hypnosis in the Management of Preoperative Anxiety and Postoperative Pain in a Patient Undergoing Laminectomy.
The aim of any preoperative breast MRI study is twofold: staging to determine the local extent of biopsy-proven cancer and screening to identify previously undetected cancer in the same or contralateral breast.
patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) were given preoperative inspiratory muscle training to determine the effect on post-operative pulmonary complications.