The investigators first categorized the indications for preterm delivery: preterm labour, preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM), or fetal/maternal issues such as preeclampsia, placental abruption, or severe maternal medical disease.
What does PROM stand for?
PROM stands for Premature Rupture of Membranes (medical, childbirth)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PROM
We have 48 other meanings of PROM in our Acronym Attic
- [not an acronym] Probably
- Prolongamento (Portuguese: extension; postal usage)
- Program Logistic
- Program Logistics
- Programming in Logic
- Procurement Lead Time (also seen as PLT)
- Passive Range Of Motion
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measure
- Please Return on Monday
- Pockels Readout Optical Modulator
- Preterm Rupture of the Membranes
- Programmable Read-Only Memory
- Prolonged Rupture of Membranes (pregnancy)
- Promenade (Canada Post road designation)
- Proto-Romance (linguistics)
- Professional Management of Army Comptrollers Application
- Program Managed Contracts Reports
- Intelligent Product Manuals
- Production and Operations Management Association of the Philippines
- Program for the Refinement of the Materiel Acquisition Process
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adolescent mothers had higher rates of complications, including anemia, preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM), chorioamnionitis, and eclampsia, compared with adults.
They contended that the cause of the child's brain damage was a left middle cerebral artery infarction, which was brought on by an infection in the mother and the premature rupture of membranes precipitating premature delivery, all of which could not have been avoided.
Premature rupture of membranes was diagnosed, and the patient was admitted and administered intravenous ampicillin and azithromycin.
There were no reported cases of premature rupture of membranes or chorio-amnionitis.
Large loop excision of the transformation zone was also significantly associated with preterm delivery and premature rupture of membranes.