Here's where to begin The Register-Guard ran a story Monday on unwanted horses that are byproducts of an industry that uses pregnant mare urine to treat menopause and osteoporosis.
What does PREMARIN stand for?
PREMARIN stands for Pregnant Mare Urine (also seen as PMU)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Phasic Rapid Eye Movement (sleep apnea research)
- Plans Régionaux d'Effectifs Médicaux (French: Regional Plans for Medical Staffs; Canada)
- Poverty Reduction and Economic Management (network; World Bank)
- Poverty Reduction and Environmental Management (Institute for Environmental Studies; Netherlands)
- Preliminary Reference Earth Model
- Public Real Estate Management (Germany)
- Panhandle Rural Electric Membership Association (Nebraska)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association
- Prevention in the Museums of Africa
- Profitable Environmental Management (Germany)
- Prevention and Mitigation of Fire Hazards
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (conference)
- Professional Resolution Experts of Michigan (Beverly Hills, MI)
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence Association at Singapore
- Pesticide Residue Elimination Management Information Service
- Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies (working group)
- Professional Real Estate Management Information System
- Purdue Registration and Event Management Information System (Purdue University; Indiana)
- Productivity in Embedded Software Engineering of Electronics Based Equipment
- Prediction of Mutations in MLH1 AND MLH2 (Lynch syndrome)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They were born on a Manitoba farm 18 months ago, unnecessary by-products of a decades-old industry that uses pregnant mare urine - PMU - for medicine that helps prevent menopause-related discomfort and osteoporosis.