Though these elements are favorable for the strength and ductility, they are adverse to the continuous hot-dip galvanizing because of their preferential oxidation over iron during intercritical annealing.
What does PROX stand for?
PROX stands for Preferential Oxidation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PROX
- Public Rights-Of-Way Access Advisory Committee
- Parents Raising Offspring with Disabilities (support group)
- Policy Research on Women and Drugs
- Personal Repositories Online Wiki Environment (eLearning project; UK)
- Recombinant Human Activated Protein C Worldwide Evaluation in Severe Sepsis
- Pine Run Owl Watch League
- Programmable Robot Observer with Logical Enemy Response
- Procedure Word (US DoD)
- Professional Word (Microsoft Word add-on by Information Windowing Group)
- Promotion of the Role of Women in Water and Environmental Sanitation Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reformer (*1) + PSA (*2)", "reformer + preferential oxidation (PROX) catalyst (*3)" and "reformer + Pd (palladium) membrane" are generally considered as hydrogen production methods.