Department of Justice preclear state laws that affect voting in states - like Texas - with a history of racial discrimination.
What does PC stand for?
PC stands for Preclear (Scientology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PC
We have 356 other meanings of PC in our Acronym Attic
- PotterCast (Harry Potter podcast)
- Pour Condolences
- Powder Coating
- Power Carrier
- Power Control
- Power Converter
- Praça (Portuguese: square; postal usage)
- Practical Completion (property development)
- Prayer Corner
- Precast Concrete
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today, New Mexico officially became the 14th state to adopt Drivewyze PreClear as its new bypass service.
An application already in place in several states provides trucking companies with high-speed weigh-in-motion scales and transponders to preclear trucks, which allows truckers to bypass time-consuming lines at weigh stations.
If approved by the governor, these provisions take effect January 1, 2006, provided the United States Department of Justice preclears the law pursuant to [section]5 of the Voting Rights Act.
121) Scientologists believe that an immortal spiritual being exists in every person, and auditing helps the preclear become aware of her spiritual dimension.
23) Second, in specified areas of the South and elsewhere, the Act provided for a number of remedies--including the suspension of certain tests that were used as obstacles for the registration of African Americans, the use of federal examiners when necessary to protect the right to vote, and a requirement that certain covered jurisdictions preclear, or submit for approval, any change in election law to the Attorney General of the United States or to the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.