Rough mill yield differences between overlength and precision end trimmed lumber for mills in the study.
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Precision End Trimmed (lumber)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Polling Every Time
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (more common than PETE)
- Portable Electronic Thermometer
- Positron Emissie Tomografie (Dutch)
- Positron Emission Tomography
- Post-Exposure Treatment (rabies vaccination)
- Potential Evapotranspiration
- Potentially Exempt Transfer (UK inland revenue)
- Pre-Eclamptic Toxaemia
- Precision Electric Turret
- Preemptive Targeting
- Preliminary English Test
- Preservative Efficacy Test
- Presidential Electoral Tribunal (Philippines)
- Prevention, Education and Training
- Primary Economic Term (stock market transaction reporting)
- Print Enhancement Technology
- Priority Encoding Transmission (algorithm)
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies (Symposium)
- Privacy Enhancing Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Panels that are less than 12 inches wide can be finished in the moulder, but are first precision end trimmed (PET) on the Greenlee double-end tenoner.
Summary The secondary manufacturing industry in Tennessee with lumber drying capacity uses much larger volumes of lumber containing overlength than lumber that has been precision end trimmed.