Pre-positioning afloat operations now comprise the greatest share of the workload at the terminal.
What does PREPO stand for?
PREPO stands for Pre-Positioning
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PREPO
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
- Partido Regionalista del País Leonés (Spain)
- Programming Environment for Parallel Architectures
- Preparation Communications
- Preparedness Command (PrepCom 1 Communications)
- Preparatory Committee
- Preissuance Data Entry (insurance)
- Pennsylvania Research and Economic Partnership Network
- Pre-Positioned Force, Equipment, or Supplies (US DoD)
- Prepositioned Storage
- Pearl River Estuary Pollution Project (Hong Kong)
- Preferred Realtor Profit Program (San Diego, CA)
- Process Experimental Pilot Plant
- Prepare Post-Shakedown Availability
- Pakistan Retinitis Pigmentosa Society (now the Pakistan Foundation Fighting Blindness; Islamabad, Pakistan)
- Previral DNA Replication Enveloped Particles (endocrinology)
- Program for Resuscitation Education and Patient Safety (Mount Sinai Hospital; Toronto, Canada)
- Program of Research and Evaluation for Public Schools (Mississippi)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Divis, Commander, Maritime Pre-positioning Ships Squadron 3 (COMPSRON 3), two squadron ships, the M/V 1st LT Jack Lummus, CAPT David Hagner, Master, and M/V 1st LT Alex Bonnyman, CAPT Robert Mello, Master, contributed to the tsunami humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts.
There is also a diaphragm pre-positioning device engineered to prevent damage when the pump is started.
The DPS diaphragm protection system keeps the diaphragm in the rear position at rest for simple startup, requiring no pre-positioning.
Maritime Pre-positioning Also supporting the MEFs is the Maritime Pre-positioning Force, which is operated by the Navy's Military Sealift Command.