3 (ANI): Buddhist Monks from 54 countries gathered at the Mahabodhi Mahavihara temple located in Bihar's Bodhgaya district to offer prayers for world peace on the occasion of the Tripitaka festival.
What does PWP stand for?
PWP stands for Prayers for World Peace
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PWP
We have 146 other meanings of PWP in our Acronym Attic
- Plot without Point (Internet slang)
- Plot, What Plot?
- Point with Pride
- Polished Wholesale Price (diamonds)
- Polskie Wydawnictwa Profesjonalne (Polish business publisher)
- Pool Water Products (various locations)
- Porn Without Plot (fanfiction and erotica)
- Portable Word Processor
- Portable Work Platform
- Posting while Plastered
- Pre-Defined Wavelet Packet
- Pregnant without Permission
- Preliminary White Paper
- Prentice, Williams, Peterson (Reliability Model)
- Prevention with Positives (UCSF AIDS Research Institute)
- Primary Water Processor
- Product Warranty Period
- Professional Women Photographers
- Proposed Work Package
- Prosperity with a Purpose
Samples in periodicals archive:
Once a year we try and do something as part of a week of prayers for world peace in October.
Kirtan singing, prayers for world peace, mantra practice, spiritual readings, guided meditation.
PERHAPS your readers would like to know that St Peter's Church, St Peter's Street, Roath, will be open on Sunday, October 7 from 1pm-3pm for personal prayers for world peace.
Place: Drexel's Stein Auditorium, first floor of Nesbitt Hall, 33rd and Market streets (northeast corner), Philadelphia Description: Sponsored by Drexel's Black Student Union and the Drexel Asbury Protestant Ministry, the King prayer service will feature readings from the late civil rights leader's writings and speeches, prayers for world peace, and special music by the Drexel University Gospel Choir.
Bodh Gaya (Bihar) Nov 21 (ANI): Buddhist monks from various parts of the globe offered prayers for world peace here.
Event includes music, spiritual practices, prayers for world peace and free-form bhajan.
Summary: Thousands of devotees including foreigners offered prayers for world peace and communal harmony at Palakkad in Kerala.