Muslims get up before dawn to eat Sahur (an early meal), and then stop eating and drinking known as Roza (fasting) until called for the fourth prayer of the day, Maghrib, at sunset time.
What does POTD stand for?
POTD stands for Prayer of the Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of POTD
We have 3 other meanings of POTD in our Acronym Attic
- People of the Dragon (the Aiel in Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time)
- Picture of the Day
- Plan of the Day
- Planet of the Dead (Doctor Who Episode)
- Planet of the Drums (musician alliance)
- Player of the Day
- Poem of the Day
- Poll of the Day
- Post Of The Day
- Power of the Duelist (card game)
- Procession of the Dead (book by D. B. Shan Darren Shan)
- Putting on the Dog (marketing company; Woodbury, MN)
- Polarization-Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer
- Protectors of the Dragon Realm (online gaming)
- Postal Telegraph Company (US Navy)
- Path of the Furon (video game)
- Percent Operating Time Free
- Phil of the Future (TV show)
- Pleasures of the Flesh (Exodus album)
- Poets of the Fall (Finnish rock group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They will then go to the prayer hall to watch Muslims taking part in their fourth prayer of the day.
They fast during the day until the call for the Maghrib, their fourth prayer of the day, at sunset.
Deuteronomy 11:18-21, 26-28 Psalm 31:1-5, 19-24 Romans 1:16-17, 3:22b-28 (29-31) Matthew 7:21-29 First Reading In the Prayer of the Day we affirm that God has "revealed Your will to Your people and promised to help us all.
Compline is the last corporate prayer of the day in the Liturgy of the Hours.
They fast during the day until called for the Maghrib, their fourth prayer of the day, at sunset.
Jeremiah 28:5-9 Psalm 89:1-4, 15-18 Romans 6:12-23 Matthew 10:40-42 First Reading Again the Prayer of the Day sets the tone with the words, "You have prepared for those who love you joys beyond understanding.