This was amply demonstrated in the Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy (PROVE-IT) trial, in which patients with a history of acute coronary syndrome had a 22% coronary event rate over 2.
What does PROVE-IT stand for?
PROVE-IT stands for Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Public Record Office Victoria (Victoria, Australia)
- Proteccion de Valores (Guatemala)
- Parents Requesting Open Vaccine Education
- Plutonium Recovery Option Verification Exercise
- Pre-Operational Validation and Experimental (air traffic control; EU)
- Programa Venezolano de Educación-Acción en Derechos Humanos (Venezuelan Program of Education Action in Human Rights)
- Processes of Vertical Exchange in Shelf Seas (EU MAST III project)
- Proving Ground (US Navy)
- Protección Vial (Spanish)
- Digital PROviding of VIDEo
- Peer Review Organization Voluntary Hospital Association Initiative to Decrease Events (emergency medicine)
- Provisioning Interval
- Planetary Robotics Vision Scout (EU)
- Planetary Robotics Vision Ground Processing (EU)
- Providing Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
of the University of Cork (Ireland), put TNT in the context of the earlier Heart Protection Study (HPS) and Pravastatin or Atorvastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy (PROVE-IT) trials.