8-litre VVT-i petrol engine, a powerful electric motor, a generator, high-performance battery, power control unit and a power split device.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Power Split Device (hybrid vehicles)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Postal Security Device
- Postal Service Department (Nepal)
- Posterior Standard Deviation
- Postsynaptic Densities
- Pottstown School District (Pottstown, PA)
- Poudre School District (Fort Collins, CO)
- Power Savings Drive (Hybrid Disc Drive that includes flash memory to reduce drive motor operation)
- Power Semiconductor Device
- Power Sliding Door
- Power Spectral Density
- Power Stroke Diesel (Ford)
- Power Supply Drawer
- Power Systems Demonstrator
- PowerStroke Diesel (Ford Motor Company)
- President Security Division (Sri Lanka)
- Presidential Security Detail (US State Department)
- Pressure-Sensitive Digitizer
- Prestation Solidarité Dépendance (French: Solidarity Benefit Dependency)
- Prevention of Serious Deterioration
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then in normal driving conditions, a power split device divides output from the engine between driving the wheels and powering the generator, which in turn charges the high-voltage battery.
Driving normally, the V8 unit is the main power source, with output divided by the power split device to drive the wheels and power the generator which powers up the high-voltage battery.