In its 2005 Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) the government notes that particularly worrying is the increasing gap between the poorest and the rest of society.
What does PRSP stand for?
PRSP stands for Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRSP
We have 43 other meanings of PRSP in our Acronym Attic
- Paranormal Research Society of North America
- Paranormal Research Society of New England
- Peacekeeping, Reconstruction and Stability Operations (conference)
- Poverty Reduction Support Operation (Georgia; World Bank)
- Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra
- Pressure Regulating Shutoff Valve
- Pakistan Rural Support Programme
- Penicillin Resistant Streptococcus Pneumoniae
- Plan Régional de Santé Publique
- Poverty Reduction Strategy Programme (International Monetary Fund and World Bank)
- Program Requirements Support Plan
- Punjab Rural Support Programme (Pakistan)
- Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta (TV Show)
- Person Responsible for Site Rehabilitation (Florida; environmental cleanup)
- Plasma Renin Substrate Reactivity
- Program for Rural Services and Research (University of Alabama)
- Pressure Gauge Report (drilling)
- Presorted (US Postal Service)
- Presorted Standard (USPS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government of Burundi which has organized the conference will present its second Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (CSLP II) as the way forward for the country's development.
The Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) required by the Highly Indebted Poor Country Initiative helps countries to formulate and implement poverty reduction schemes.
The PRSP-II builds on the first Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper, which was adopted in December 2003.
Introduction With the introduction of the Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP) development approach in 1999, the international financial institutions (IFIs) have reacted to some of the criticisms raised against structural adjustment policies (SAPs), and more broadly the neoliberal development paradigm, particularly relating to the social impacts of neoliberal reforms and the lack of ownership of development policy.
The workshop's main themes concerned the development of government policy coherence in the implementation of human resource development strategies, development agendas such as the Millennium Development Goals and the Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers, and migration policies; effective regional, country, and sectoral approaches to retention, mobilization, and utilization of human resources and capacities; effective mobilization of diaspora resources for filling capacity gaps in countries of origin, particularly in terms of health personnel; and departmental and administrative actions that can enhance the development impact of migrants' remittances.
With regard to the outline of the Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), she said the World Bank Group lauded the Afghan authorities for a comprehensive poverty reduction strategy paper.