Aviall later amended the complaint to combine its two CERCLA claims into a single joint claim that, pursuant to Section 113(f)(1), sought contribution from Cooper as a potentially responsible party under Section 107(a).
What does PRP stand for?
PRP stands for Potentially Responsible Party
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRP
We have 329 other meanings of PRP in our Acronym Attic
- Pleasure Ridge Park (Kentucky)
- Poder Revolucionario Popular (Spanish: Popular Revolutionary Power; Peru)
- Policy Research Programme (UK)
- Pollution Reduction Plan (various locations)
- Pollution Reduction Programme (various locations)
- Poly-Ribitol Phosphate
- Polymorphic Region Prediction (biology)
- Portable Radio Program
- Post Reinforcement Pause
- Postgraduate Rotational Programme
- Poverty Reduction Programme
- Practice Ripcord Pull
- Practice-Ready Papers (Transportation Research Board)
- Praja Rajyam Party (India)
- Preferred Risk Policy (flood insurance)
- Preferred Risk Program (insurance)
- Prejudice Reduction Program
- Preliminary Restoration Plan (US Army)
- Premium Recycled Parts
- Premium Reinforcement Pulp (paper and pulp industry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fact, there's almost a disincentive to use new technologies, because if a potentially responsible party uses them and they fail, the EPA will make the PRP do it over again until it's right.
The problem has resulted from the requirements in CERCLA (the Superfund law) and other federal and state environmental statutes, which impose upon the potentially responsible party (PRP) the absolute obligation to bear the cost of the cleanup of the property, which obligation continues even if the property is sold to a third party.
89-6835, which includes disclosure examples and gives the SEC s views on several disclosure matters, including a registrant's designation by the EPA as a potentially responsible party under CERCLA.