Scientists and the US Government agree that, taken in time, potassium iodide tablets can reduce the hazard from fallout due to radioactive iodine.
What does KI stand for?
KI stands for Potassium Iodide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of KI
We have 10 other meanings of KI in our Acronym Attic
- Known Issue
- Københavns Idrætsanlæg
- Kodiak Island (Alaska)
- Koito Industries (Japan)
- Konami Industry Co., Ltd.
- Künstliche Intelligenz (German: Artificial Intelligence)
- Kunstmatige Inseminatie
- Kunstmatige Intelligentie
- Kurchatov Institute (Russia)
- Kyrie Irving (basketball player)
- receptor affinity (pchemistry)
- Kabul International Airport
- Kachin Independence Army (Burma)
- Kagoshima International Association (Japan)
- Kakamigahara International Association (Japan)
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts (est. 1924; Kalamazoo, MI)
- Kanagawa Information Services Industry Association (Japan)
- Kanagawa International Association (Japan)
- Kansai International Airport (Osaka, Japan)
- Kappa Index of Agreement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Children played outside as the reactor burned, and potassium iodide tablets were not distributed.
I think it's just as important for them to be getting a vitamin tablet every day as it is to be taking potassium iodide.
Potassium iodide (KI), a salt, floods the thyroid gland with non-radioactive iodine which lessens the amount of radiation the gland can absorb.
But Americans who have rushed out to buy potassium iodide tablets as protection against the effects of radiation have wasted their money.