She has also been diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome - or Pots syndrome - which sees her heart rate increase when sitting up, causing dizziness and fatigue.
What does POTS stand for?
POTS stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POTS
We have 39 other meanings of POTS in our Acronym Attic
- Parting on the Square (Internet-Masonic Lexicon)
- Pat on the Shoulder
- Path Of The Shell (game Uru: Ages Beyond Myst)
- Perception of Teasing Scale
- Piss Off, Tomorrow's Saturday (principally Australian slang)
- Plain Old Telephone Service
- Plain Old Telephone System
- Plain Old Time Sharing (operating systems)
- Playhouse on the Square (various locations)
- Post Office Telephone Service
- Power-On Self-Test (software)
- Prisoners of the Sun (comics)
- Protector of the Small (Tamora Pierce book)
- Purchase Of Telephones & Services
- Purchasing Online Tracking System (US NIH)
- Plain Old Telephone Service and Pretty Amazing New Stuff
- Polarization Transfer by a Selective Homonuclear Technique
- Pirates of the Spanish Main (game)
- Party of the Truth (Fiji)
- Permissive Overreaching Transfer Trip
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several chronic medical conditions are associated with poor capacity to exercise, including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, better known as POTS, a syndrome marked by an excessive heart rate and flu-like symptoms when standing or a given level of exercise.
Five patients (6%) had postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
Jackie has postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, which means when her heart rate rises, her blood pressure drops, and she blacks out.