The objective was to assess the analgesic effects of 2 doses of meloxicam on the degree of postoperative orthopedic pain in pigeons.
What does POSTOP stand for?
POSTOP stands for Postoperative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- After (Prefix)
- Post-Mobilization (US DoD)
- Police Officers Striving to Create and Reinforce Dreams (Volunteers of America in conjunction with the YMCA)
- Post Doctorate/Doctoral
- Pohang University of Science and Technology
- Post Electronic Courier Service
- Post-Final Acceptance Trial
- Postgesetz (German: Postal Act)
- Policies for Sustainable Technological Innovation
- Postal Numeric Encoding Technique
- Military Postal Facility Request
- Posterior Occipital Sharp Transients of Sleep (brain waves as seen on EEG)
- Program on Science, Technology and Society (various universities)
- Post Well Appraisal Report (energy production)
- Pôle Spécialisé d'Accueil et de Traitement des Urgences(French)
- Private Oil Sector Union (Kuwait)
- Parallel Oregon State University Model (ocean circulation)
- Pirates of Silicon Valley (movie)
- Point of Sale for Windows (software)
- Privately Owned Stored Water
Samples in periodicals archive:
The main group (n=200) received micronized diosmin (Detralex, 1000 mg/day) for 2 weeks before and 30 days after the procedure; control group (n=45) did not receive Detralex in pre-and postoperative period.
A new study finds that compliance with several infection-prevention measures from the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) predicts a decreased likelihood of postoperative infections.
The incidence of postoperative pulmonary complications in this population ranges from 9% to 40%, depending on the criteria used for diagnosis of postoperative pulmonary complications (Brooks-Brunn 1997).
SAN DIEGO -- Several preoperative factors--a longer bypass limb length, low vitamin D levels, and African American ethnicity--were significant predictors of postoperative vitamin D deficiency in a study of 145 patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery.
However, over that time, there were increases in postoperative respiratory failure, postoperative pulmonary embolism or deep-vein thrombosis, postoperative sepsis, and postoperative abdominal wound separation/splitting.