The lateral ankle ligamentous complex comprises the anterior talofibular ligament (ATFL), the calcaneofibular ligament (CFL) and the posterior talofibular ligament (PTFL) (Fig.
What does PTFL stand for?
PTFL stands for Posterior Talofibular Ligament (physiology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PTFL
We have 1 other meaning of PTFL in our Acronym Attic
- Picture this...Film Festival (Canada)
- Port Townsend Film Festival (Port Townsend, WA)
- Patent and Trademark Fee Fairness Act of 1999
- Post Test File Generation
- Phil the Funky Instrumentalist (musician)
- Philippine Tarsier Foundation, Inc. (est. 1997; Philippines)
- Pilot Trial for Ignition
- Presbyterian Theological Faculty Ireland
- PT Freeport Indonesia (mining company)
- Philosophy and Theology Faculties Library (Oxford University; UK)
- Prime Time Football League (fantasy football)
- Passive Target Flow Measurement (used in traffic flow context)
- Play That Funky Music (song)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Fizyki Medycznej (Polish: Polish Society of Medical Physics)
- Protect the Force Manufacturing (Jacksboro, TN)
- Peacetime Force Materiel Procurement Objective
- Peacetime Force Materiel Requirements
- Peacetime Force Materiel Requirements Acquisition
- Peacetime Force Materiel Requirements Retention
- Percutaneous Transthoracic Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology
Samples in periodicals archive:
The anterior talofibular ligament was sprained in 26 subjects, the calcaneofibular ligament in 12 subjects, and the posterior talofibular ligament in 10 subjects.
6) The sequence of lateral ankle ligament disruption is (in order) the ATFL, calcaneofibular ligament (CFL), and the posterior talofibular ligament (PTFL).