Using the MagnetoEncephaloGraphic (MEG) scanner at the York Neuroimaging Centre to test responses in the region, the researchers found that the posterior superior temporal sulcus responds so strongly to a face plus a voice that it clearly has a 'multimodal' rather than an exclusively visual function.
What does pSTS stand for?
pSTS stands for Posterior Superior Temporal Sulcus
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of pSTS
We have 33 other meanings of pSTS in our Acronym Attic
- Post System Test Review
- Pre-Storage Review
- proportion of days in therapeutic range
- Pumpless Steel Tank Rectifier
- Pharmacologic and Somatic Treatments Research Branch (US NIH)
- Puget Sound Technical Recovery Team (Seattle, WA)
- Petroleum Safety Training System
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Players Softball Tournament Series (men's recreation; Orange County, CA)
- Post Sales Technical Support
- Power Supply Test Station/Set
- Precision SIGINT Targeting System
- Primary School Teachers and Science (UK)
- Profile Specific Test Specification (telecommunications)
- Public Sector Transition Stability Act (Canada)
- Program for Survivors of Torture and Severe Trauma (Center for Multicultural Human Services; Virginia)
- Parallel Spectral Transform Shallow Water Model
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology Today (UK)
- Placental site trophoblastic tumor
- Practical Software Testing Techniques
Samples in periodicals archive:
The subjects experienced a greater degree of activation in a region of the brain called the posterior superior temporal sulcus when they watched the computer play the game than when they acted themselves.