In this sub-arachnoid space, the 3rd nerves pass either side of the midline basilar artery and between two of its major branches--the superior cerebellar and posterior cerebral arteries then just below and lateral to the posterior communicating artery, a key component of the arterial Circle of Willis.
What does P-COM stand for?
P-COM stands for Posterior Communicating
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 13 other meanings of P-COM in our Acronym Attic
- ProMACE-CytaBOM (drug combination)
- Partners Computerized Algorithm Processor and Editor
- Partial-Constant Angular Velocity
- Primary Common Control Physical Channel
- People-Centered Economic Development
- People-Centered Economic Development (UK)
- Polysaccharide in a Complement Fixation Test
- People Capability Maturity Model (Software Engineering Institute)
- Personnel Capability Maturity Model
- Pensacola Fl.
- Primary Common Pilot Channel
- Phosphorylation of Cyclase Response Element Binding Protein
- Proxy Call Session Control Function
- Partially-known Channel State Information
- Pediatric Clinical Test of Sensory Interaction for Balance
- Preoptic-Diagonal Band
- Punctured Decision-Directed Phase-Locked Loop
- Parallel Decision-Feedback
- Parallel Decision Feedback Detector
Samples in periodicals archive:
DSA demonstrated occlusion of the right vertebral artery, occlusion of the left vertebral artery proximal to the posterior inferior cerebellar artery (PICA), reconstitution of the vertebrobasilar confluence distal to the PICA, and occlusion of the remainder of the basilar artery with filling of the basilar tip via the posterior communicating artery.
[Figure 2 ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Collateral Circulation The anterior and posterior circulations are connected by the posterior communicating arteries.
The right posterior cerebral artery and posterior communicating artery were normal.