Moreover, the general view of miRNA functions entails a model in which miRNAs serve as guides for Ago protein complexes, the actual mediators of post-transcriptional gene silencing.
What does PTGS stand for?
PTGS stands for Post-Transcriptional Gene Silencing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PTGS
We have 4 other meanings of PTGS in our Acronym Attic
- Porcine Transforming Growth Factor (biochemistry)
- Placental Transforming Growth Factor Beta
- Post-Traumatic Growth Inventory (study)
- Professional Team Golf League
- Professional Technical Group on Microwave Theory and Techniques (IEEE)
- Preglomerular Tertiary Gustatory Nucleus
- Pekiti-Tirsia Global Organization (martial arts)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Ginekologii Onkologicznej (Polish: Polish Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Places to Go People to See
- Palomar Transit Grism Survey (physics)
- Primary Target
- Privilege Ticket-Granting Ticket (computing)
- Porcine Transmissible Gastroenteritis Virus
- Post-Transfusion Graft-Versus-Host Disease
- Parathyroid Hormone
- Partially Torn Hamstring (injury)
- Pass the Hash (hacking technique)
- Path (aviation)
- Peace through Health (Canada)
- Pedagogisch Technische Hogeschool (Netherlands Technical Teacher Training)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Plant Bioscience Limited (Norwich, United Kingdom) has patented DNA constructs comprising a promoter operably linked to DNA which can be transcribed in a plant cell to an RNA transcript, wherein the RNA transcript comprises plant virus sequence from an RNA virus which confers on the RNA transcript the ability to replicate in the cytoplasm of the plant cell, wherein the transcript lacks all or part of the viral genome not required for replication in the cytoplasm, and further comprises at least one targeting sequence which is foreign to the plant virus sequence and causes post-transcriptional gene silencing of one or more target genes.
Post-transcriptional gene silencing (PTGS) is a fundamental regulatory mechanism operation in plants, animals and fungi.