Washington, September 13 ( ANI ): Post-stroke depression affects approximately 33 percent of stroke survivors.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Post-Stroke Depression (psychology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Polystyrene, Deuterated
- Polysubstance Dependency
- Population and Sustainable Development (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Port Safety Detachment (US Coast Guard)
- Port Scan Detection/Detector
- Port Security Detachment
- Port-Sharing Device
- Position Sensitive Detector
- Post Security Detachment
- Post Source Decay
- Post-Synaptic Density (neurobiology)
- Postal Security Device
- Postal Service Department (Nepal)
- Posterior Standard Deviation
- Postsynaptic Densities
- Pottstown School District (Pottstown, PA)
- Poudre School District (Fort Collins, CO)
- Power Savings Drive (Hybrid Disc Drive that includes flash memory to reduce drive motor operation)
- Power Semiconductor Device
- Power Sliding Door
Samples in periodicals archive:
Racial and ethnic disparities in post-stroke depression detection.
Post-stroke depression has been the topic of various studies, occurring in approximately 40% of stroke victims (14).
Gender-based differences in the brain account for the frequency of females diagnosed with post-stroke depression, with a significant association with lesions in the left hemisphere.
A third of patients surviving a stroke experience post-stroke depression (PSD)," said lead researcher Igor Sibon, M.
It also has been shown to speed recovery from post-stroke depression so that patients can participate more fully in rehabilitation programs.
Diagnosis and clinical management of post-stroke depression.