No telephone lines are being installed in the region due to a nationwide dispute involving members of the Post Office Engineering Union.
What does POEU stand for?
POEU stands for Post Office Engineering Union (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators Consortium
- Public Outreach Education, Teaching, and Reaching Youth
- Personalized Online Electronic Text Services (Kyoto Notre Dame University)
- Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday
- Piss On Everything Tomorrow's Saturday
- Purchase Order Entry and Tracking System
- Push Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday
- Put Off Everything Tomorrow's Saturday
- Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday (similar to TGIF)
- Point-of-Entry Transition Team
- Podcast on Experience Vodcastversion (Dutch: Podcast on Experience, Vodcast Version)
- Protracted Offensive Electronic Warfare
- Pony Express National Historic Trail (US National Park Service)
- Pakistan Ordnance Factory
- Palm Oil Free
- Patient's Own Frame
- Pattern of Failure (oncology)
- Pay on Foot (parking)
- Payment for Order Flow (stock exchange)
- People over Fifty (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
``I first saw plans for Criggion in 1941 while I was working at Rugby,'' said Mr Brown, who was at that time chairman of the Post Office Engineering Union, Radio Branch.