Post och Inrikes Tidningar, or PoIT, was founded by Swedish Queen Christina and her chancellor in 1645 and is considered the world's oldest newspaper still in publication.
What does POIT stand for?
POIT stands for Post Och Inrikes Tidningar (Swedish: Post and Domestic Newspaper)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (condition)
- Pulmonary Over-Inflation Syndrome
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre Proof of Identity Steering Committee
- Province Office for Integral Social Development of the Gujarat Jesuits (Gujarat, India)
- Physics of Intersubband Semiconductor Emitters (Marie Curie Research Training Network; EU)
- Pointing & Stabilizing Element
- Port Operations Information for Safety and Efficiency
- Procurement Of Information Systems Effectively (UK government standard for IT procurement)
- Process for Organization of Internet Standards Working Group
- Poison Index (Thompson/Micromedex poison/toxicology resource)