Significant changes to the spin rotation polarimeter from the helium apparatus include: 1) a new cryostat appropriate for a 20[degrees] liquid parahydrogen including important safety features, 2) an upgraded position sensitive detector and 3) a change in [pi]-coil running conditions from static to dynamic.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Position Sensitive Detector
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Play Sequence Descriptor
- Political Subdivision (Pennsylvania taxes)
- Polling Station Diary (voting)
- Polystyrene, Deuterated
- Polysubstance Dependency
- Population and Sustainable Development (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Port Safety Detachment (US Coast Guard)
- Port Scan Detection/Detector
- Port Security Detachment
- Port-Sharing Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on laser triangulation principles using a PSD position sensitive detector as the image detector, the LDS is said to be capable of measurement rates up to 100 kHz.