We used to talk about getting the ball in the POMO - the position of maximum opportunity to attack.
What does POMO stand for?
POMO stands for Position Of Maximum Opportunity
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POMO
We have 1 other meaning of POMO in our Acronym Attic
- Pickled Onion Monster Munch (corn snack)
- Port of Missing Men (book & movie)
- Preliminary Operating and Maintenance Manual
- Potsdam Magnetic Model of the Earth
- Post Modern Mass Mailer (software)
- Prisoners of Mother England
- Portland Online MusicNet
- Permanent Open Market Operation (banking)
- Point of Maximum Opportunity
- Polulle Oman Mentorin Ohjauksessa (Finnish prison program)
- Post Modernist
- Primary Open Market Operation (finance)
- Production Oriented Maintenance Organization
- Provisional Office for Mass Organisational Affairs
- Protection of the Mother of God (Rochester, NY)
- Peace of Mind Project (the Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Performance Outcomes Measures Project (US AoA)
- Pervasive Object Model Project (computing)
- Point of Maximum Potential
- Principal Outer Membrane Protein (molecular biology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When a Sam Allardyce side comes to town, all 6ft 2in muscular giants hurling long balls and throw-ins at the POMO (that's Position Of Maximum Opportunity to those unfamiliar with Big Sam's tactical bible), you need to stand firm and show your mettle.
A one-week course at Lilleshall and former director of coaching Charlie Hughes' dogmatic manual, Position Of Maximum Opportunity, strangely do not appeal to him.