The port security units provide waterborne security and defense force protection for strategic shipping and critical port facilities at the endpoints of sea lines of communication.
What does PSU stand for?
PSU stands for Port Security Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSU
We have 146 other meanings of PSU in our Acronym Attic
- Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, Kansas)
- Plasma Spray Unit
- Plaster Student Union (Missouri State University)
- Plastic Surgery Company, Inc. (stock symbol; formerly the symbol for South Puerto Rico Sugar Company)
- Playstation Underground (game)
- Playstation Universe (website)
- Please Shut Up
- Plymouth State University (Plymouth, New Hampshire)
- Police Support Unit (UK police)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Coast Guard attributes this decline in performance to reduced High Endurance Cutter readiness and personnel and training shortfalls for port security unit reserve forces.
The company is marketing the Sea Scout to the Navy's riverine and SEAL teams, sailors aboard next-generation surface ships, such as LCS and DDG-1000, Coast Guard and other port security units and the National Oceanic Atmospheric Agency.
One of three port security units which support the Deployment Support Command, members of the 4249th find themselves with a higher-than-average operation tempo.
One of them, Port Security Unit 305, from Fort Eustis, Va.
Coast Guard Port Security Unit (PSU) 313; Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit (EODMU) 11 and 17; Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit (MDSU) 1, Det.