Short-term immediate impact will be an increase in vessel delays, port congestion surcharges, and slower throughput of the port causing significant cargo delays and higher costs to importers.
What does PCS stand for?
PCS stands for Port Congestion Surcharge
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PCS
We have 999 other meanings of PCS in our Acronym Attic
- Political Cartoon Society
- Pollution Control Service (various locations)
- Pollution Control Strategy (Delaware)
- Polycom Conference Suite (software)
- Polymer Coating System (chemistry)
- Pool Cover Specialists (Utah)
- Porsche Club of Sweden
- Porsche Club Sverige (automobile club; Sweden)
- Port Community System
- Port Concentrator Switch (Cisco)
- Portable Computer Software
- Portable Computer Solutions
- Portable Computer System
- Portable Control Station
- Portmarnock Community School (Ireland)
- Portsmouth Christian School (Portsmouth, VA)
- Position, Course and Speed
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Post Closing Services (real estate)
- Post Contract Support
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the congestions at Port Nhava Sheva, COSCO Container Lines would like to announce a Port Congestion Surcharge (PCS) for all shipments between Port Nhava Sheva, India and Northwest Europe & Mediterranean (both East and West bounds) and take effect from August 15, 2010.
Port congestion surcharges can range between $60 and $500 per 20-foot container.