Secondary infection with Streptococcus suis serotype 7 increases the virulence of highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in pigs.
What does PRRS stand for?
PRRS stands for Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRRS
We have 12 other meanings of PRRS in our Acronym Attic
- prolactin-releasing peptide precursor
- Provo River Restoration Project (Utah; est. 1999)
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) Residential Rehabilitation Program (US VA)
- Purkinje Relative Refractory Period
- Pichi Richi Railway Preservation Society (Australia)
- Puerto Rico Road Racing Association
- Pattern Recognition and Remote Sensing
- Pattern Recognition Receptor System (neurophysiology)
- Peer Reviewed Research Studies (Canada)
- Penetration Resistance Rating System
- Porcine Respiratory and Reproductive Syndrome (virus)
- Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus
- Prague Strain of Rous Sarcoma Virus
- peptide receptor radionuclide therapy
- Petroleum Resource Rent Tax (Australia)
- Police Rehabilitation and Retraining Trust (Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland, UK)
- Primal Reflex Release Technique
- Project Rework Reduction Tool (Construction Owners Association of Alberta)
- Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program
- Paired - Related Homeobox Gene
Samples in periodicals archive:
Diseases currently causing concern include avian flu and new strains of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus, which are circulating in China, plus African swine fever, which has spread from Africa to Russia.
00 Hardcover Immunology and imune system disorders QR175 The eight chapters in this collection present mathematical models of the host response to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome, review theories on the reciprocal influence between hosts and pathogens, investigate the codon preferences found in bee virus genomes, and discuss the molecules released by entomopathogenic nematodes.
The leading meat processor punished 13 officials involved in use of the vaccine administered to parent pigs since 1998 to protect baby pigs from the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome, Nippon Meat senior managing director Yosuke Umemoto said at a press conference.
Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) has a substantial economic effect on the swine industry worldwide.
The 54 papers discuss such aspects as the proteomic dissection of viral pathogenesis, identifying genes involved in tick infestation in cows, the dynamic differential regulation of innate immune transcripts during the infection of alveolar macrophages by the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus, and using RNAi and transgenics to develop viral disease resistant livestock.