The Sa'ihoon group, which means 'God-seeking wanderers' in Arabic, is a loose association of committed Islamists and former Popular Defense Forces (PDF) combatants.
What does PDF stand for?
PDF stands for Popular Defense Force
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDF
We have 1309 other meanings of PDF in our Acronym Attic
- Planet Dog Foundation (Westbrook, ME)
- Planetary Defence Force (Warhammer 40,000)
- Plant Design Factor
- Playa del Fuego (art festival)
- Please Don't Fart
- Point Detonating Fuze
- Policy Decision Function
- Polypeptide Deformylase
- Pooled Development Fund
- Pop Directional Formatting (unicode)
- Portable Data File (common but incorrect)
- Portable Data Format (common but incorrect)
- Portable Document Format (Adobe Acrobat)
- Positive Definite Function (mathematics)
- Positive Displacement Flowmeter
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Postal Distribution Facility
- Postscript Document Format (common but incorrect)
- Powder Diffraction File
- Power Delay Profile
Samples in periodicals archive:
The armed forces waited for the invaders to arrive on three fronts with equipment and on several vehicles, but in an hour the armed forces and popular defense forces beat back the attack, causing heavy losses," he said.
The others are from an unsafe region where the Popular Defense Forces (PDF) control power.
Adam who was addressing the Conference on Assessment of the Popular Defense Forces, Thursday said the government will hold talks on the constitution with all the national parties to maintain political stability in the country .
Al-Zayadia Shoura Council said Kibir is accountable of the incident because he recruited the Berti under the umbrella of Popular Defense Forces and formed a militia called "Kibir's Army".
The terror of NIF-militias and the Popular Defense Forces, are fully related to the dismissals of thousands of skilled professionals, workers, attorneys and judges, army and police officers and their replacement by NIF supporters regardless of education, training, and experience.