Biopsy of the mass was reported as a poorly differentiated carcinoma of unknown type, possibly neuroendocrine.
What does PDC stand for?
PDC stands for Poorly Differentiated Carcinoma
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDC
We have 475 other meanings of PDC in our Acronym Attic
- Planet Definition Committee (International Astronomical Union)
- Planning, Design and Construction (various organizations)
- Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
- Please Don't Cut (boxes)
- Plugin Delay Compensation
- Point Defence Canon (science fiction)
- Polaroid Digital Camera
- Polka Dot Creations (online book store)
- Polycrystalline Diamond Compact (drill bits)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The biopsy specimen revealed a poorly differentiated carcinoma with abundant eosinophilic cytoplasm and focal microvesicles (Figure), which was confirmed to be HCC on immunohistochemistry (positive for HepPar-1 [Figure, inset], polyclonal carcinoembryonic antigen [CEA], CD138, and cytokeratin 8/18 [CK8/ 18]; and negative for monoclonal CEA, epithelial membrane antigen, S100, CD34, desmin, thyroglobulin, renal cell carcinoma, vimentin, lymphohistiocytic markers, and other keratins including AE1/AE3, CK7, and CK20).
1) A poorly differentiated carcinoma that mimics a carotid body tumor is rare.
Poorly differentiated carcinoma of the thyroid: a clinicopathologic entity for a high-risk group of papillary and follicular carcinomas.
1) Among these epithelial tumors are poorly differentiated carcinoma (also called small-cell undifferentiated carcinoma), oat-cell carcinoma, and anaplastic small-cell carcinoma, (2) and more than 90% of patients with these aggressive carcinomas develop metastatic disease.
BRAF mutations in thyroid tumors are restricted to papillary carcinomas and anaplastic or poorly differentiated carcinomas arising from papillary carcinomas.