The thinking of the Church has been expressed primarily in a number of documents from the Pontifical Council for Social Communications as well as in the annual messages issued on World Communications Day by Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
What does PCSC stand for?
PCSC stands for Pontifical Council for Social Communications
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCSC
We have 103 other meanings of PCSC in our Acronym Attic
- Pulse Coded Scanning Beam
- Putnam County Savings Bank
- Panel on Computing in Support of Battle Management (US DoD)
- Pacific Coast Steamship Company (est. 1882)
- Parts Canada Superbike Championship (racing)
- Personal Communications Switching Center
- Personal Computer / Smart Card
- Personal Computer Site Coordinator
- Personal Computing Support Center
- Police Civil Service Commission (various locations)
- Preliminary Certificate in Social Care (UK)
- President Chain Store Corporation (Taiwan)
- Preventing and Combating Serious Crime (international agreement)
- pricing and classification service center (US Postal Service assistance facility)
- private child support collector
- Professional Certificate in Specialty Construction
- Program Change Sub-Committee
- Program Cost/Schedule Charge Control Board
- Progressive Caucus of Snohomish County Democrats (Washington)
- Punjabi Culture Study Circle International (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pontifical Council for Social Communications has been strongly encouraging the Church to get more involved in using new digital media.
A new document on all media was announced earlier this year by the Pontifical Council for Social Communications.
Archbishop John Foley American Archbishop John Foley, the Vatican president of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications (which deals with the media) said this: "In 1968, the editor of the Catholic Standard and Times in Philadelphia was on vacation when Humanae vitae was published--and I found myself in charge.
``So there's added significance in which the Holy Father is associated with Jesus in the carrying of thecross,'' said Foley, who heads the Pontifical Council for Social Communications.