Inclusion criteria for the sample were all service-members with TBI admitted to the Hunter Holmes McGuire Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center (VAMC) Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center (PRC) from January 2008 through December 2011.
What does PRC stand for?
PRC stands for Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRC
We have 508 other meanings of PRC in our Acronym Attic
- Planer Random Composites
- Planned Requirements, Conversion
- Planned Retirement Community
- Planning and Resource Committee
- Planning Research Corporation
- Plasma Renin Concentration
- Platform Requirements and Capabilities
- Player Resource Consortium (gaming website, Neverwinter Nights Hak Pack)
- Point of Reverse Curvature
- Polish Red Cross (est. 1919)
- Popular Resistance Committees (Palestine)
- Population Research Center (University of Texas at Austin)
- Porcine Respiratory Coronavirus (also seen as PRCV)
- Port Receiving Charge
- Portable Radio Communications
- Portable Recompression Chamber
- Portland Running Company
- Positive Research Center (San Francisco, CA)
- Post Restaurant Council
- Postal Rate Commission (now Postal Regulatory Commission)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After initial stabilization, those with moderate to severe injuries are transferred to one of the four Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) inpatient Polytrauma Rehabilitation Centers (PRCs) that specialize in acute rehabilitation for TBI/polytrauma.
has initiated a program called Operation Dining Out that responds to the needs of patients at the Richmond Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center in Virginia.
WASHINGTON, July 22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- During recent visits to VA polytrauma rehabilitation centers, American Legion officials discovered staffing shortages in several specialty areas, attributed to competitive salaries being offered for such positions in the private sector.
Upon discharge from a Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center, service members receive follow-ups plans that include recommendations for continued medical and mental health rehabilitative care as well as referrals to community reintegration supports and resources (U.
Among the VA medical center programs focusing on serious injuries was the Family Care Map pilot program at VA's four Polytrauma Rehabilitation Centers (PRC)--regional centers that provide acute comprehensive medical and rehabilitative care for the severely injured.
Recognizing that treating patients with polytraumatic injuries requires comprehensive and coordinated rehabilitation, Under Secretary for Health Jonathan Perlin conceived a plan in 2005 to convert VA's four Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centers to Polytrauma Rehabilitation Centers.
The recently opened Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center on the campus of the South Texas Veterans Health Care System (Audie Murphy Division) treats service members who have suffered multiple severe traumatic injuries while serving their country.