Quite simply, we demonstrate that estrogen promotes major cardiac events - such as polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (pVT) and SCD - while progesterone prevents them when LQT2 is a factor.
What does PMVT stand for?
PMVT stands for Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMVT
We have 1 other meaning of PMVT in our Acronym Attic
- Polaroid Machine Vision Laboratory (Worcester Polytechnic Institute; Worcester, MA)
- Posterior Mitral Valve Leaflet
- Pure-Mode Vector Network Analyzer (communications)
- Proces Management Voortgezet Onderwijs (Dutch: Process Management Continuing Education)
- Patented Mappable VR (panoramic image viewer software)
- Perfectly Matched Veselago Slab
- Portfolio Market Value Sensitivity (investing)
- Perimembranous Ventricular Septal Defect
- Posterior Malalignment Type Ventricular Septal Defect
- Pedestrian-Motor Vehicle Trauma
Samples in periodicals archive:
Commonly prescribed drugs, such as antibiotics, psychotropic agents and histamine HI-receptor antagonists, can prolong cardiac repolarization and might trigger a polymorphic ventricular tachycardia called torsades de pointes (1).
The cause of death was given as catecholamine polymorphic ventricular tachycardia.
Monomorphic and propafenone-induced polymorphic ventricular tachycardia in Brugada syndrome: a case report.