But mitochondrial DNA polymerase gamma (pol [gamma]) also is targeted, resulting in abnormal mitochondrial and cell function.
What does POLG stand for?
POLG stands for Polymerase Gamma
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Plastic Organic Light Emitting Diode
- Polar Earth Observing Network
- Polar Exchange at the Sea Surface
- Prospective Outlook on Long-Term Energy Systems
- Pole Structure Analysis and Rendering (Pondera Engineers)
- Polar Experiment
- Policy Expert
- Points of Light Foundation
- Pillar of Love Fellowship Church (Summit-Argo, IL)
- Polizia Ferroviaria (Italian police corps)
- Pollution GRID (to standardize pollution reporting)
- Polymerase, DNA, ETA
- Prairie Outpost Log Homes (North Dakota)
- Pacific Open Learning Health Net (Suva, Fiji)
- Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo (Portugese; USP São Paulo, Brazil)
- Protect Optimal Loading, Ice, Compression, Elevation (injury management)
- Policy-Based Mobile IP Handoff Decision
- Policía de Mercados (Guatemala)
- Politecnico di Milano (Italian: Polytechnic University of Milan; Milan, Italy)
- Pollution from Aircraft Emissions in the North Atlantic Flight Corridor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first group of papers discusses protocols used to study the transduction of information from mitochondrial DNA to functionally active respiratory complexes, covering investigations of the nucleoid proteome, mitochondrial DNA packaging, replication, transcription, respiratory complex synthesis, and polymerase gamma mutations associated with mitochondrial disorders.