Muscat, Sept 8 (ONA)-----Octal Petrochemicals Company announced that it has tripled its production of polyethylene terephthalate chips this month, after the opening of two of the biggest reactors in the world in the company's industrial complex in Salalah.
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Polyethylene Terephthalate (more common than PETE)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (former Canadian Prime Minister)
- Piezo-Electric Transducer
- Piezoelectric Transformer
- Pile Echo Tester (system for testing piles/shafts/deep foundations)
- Pilot-Line Experiment Technology
- Piston Engine Technology
- Plan de Expansión de Transmisión (Spanish: Transmission Expansion Plan)
- Planning, Environment and Transport (Gold Coast City Council; Australia)
- Politiets Efterretningstjeneste (Danish for Police Intelligence Agency)
- Polling Every Time
- Portable Electronic Thermometer
- Positron Emissie Tomografie (Dutch)
- Positron Emission Tomography
- Post-Exposure Treatment (rabies vaccination)
- Potential Evapotranspiration
- Potentially Exempt Transfer (UK inland revenue)
- Pre-Eclamptic Toxaemia
- Precision Electric Turret
- Precision End Trimmed (lumber)
- Preemptive Targeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) cannot be easily injection molded because of its slow crystallization rate at high temperatures.
The EU opened probes into whether Saudi and Omani makers of polyethylene terephthalate get trade-distorting government aid and sell in the 3 billion-euro ($4.
THE EUROPEAN Commission has confirmed that it has launched an anti-dumping investigation into alleged cut-priced exports to the European Union (EU) of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) from Iran, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Plastic tray/cup types include: high-impact polystyrene (HIPS), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene (PP), amorphous polyethylene terephthalate (APET), polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG), polystyrene (PS), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polycarbonate (PC) and Barex[R].
Tokyo, Japan, Sept 8, 2006 - (JCN) - Toray Industries announced September 8 that it has developed a new optical polyethylene terephthalate (PET) film for liquid crystal display (LCD) backlight, combining multiple optical functions.
The company adds that if all PBT made in 2005 was replaced with Valox iQ and Xenoy iQ resins, more than 562,000 metric tons of post-consumer polyethylene terephthalate (PET), or 22.
M&G is in fact building a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant and has no plans to construct a polyethylene plant in the area.