pdf Politiets Efterretningstjeneste (2008) Assessment of the Terror Threat Against Demnark (VTD), 2.
What does PET stand for?
PET stands for Politiets Efterretningstjeneste (Danish for Police Intelligence Agency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PET
We have 367 other meanings of PET in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Education Teacher (various schools)
- Physical Education Training (various schools)
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (former Canadian Prime Minister)
- Piezo-Electric Transducer
- Piezoelectric Transformer
- Pile Echo Tester (system for testing piles/shafts/deep foundations)
- Pilot-Line Experiment Technology
- Piston Engine Technology
- Plan de Expansión de Transmisión (Spanish: Transmission Expansion Plan)
- Planning, Environment and Transport (Gold Coast City Council; Australia)
- Polling Every Time
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (more common than PETE)
- Portable Electronic Thermometer
- Positron Emissie Tomografie (Dutch)
- Positron Emission Tomography
- Post-Exposure Treatment (rabies vaccination)
- Potential Evapotranspiration
- Potentially Exempt Transfer (UK inland revenue)
- Pre-Eclamptic Toxaemia
- Precision Electric Turret
Samples in periodicals archive:
The other central character in De gode sostre, Per Toftlund, is a police officer working behind a desk; he is reassigned by one super-effective Director Vuldom to serve as an investigative agent for Politiets Efterretningstjeneste (PET), the Danish Police Investigative Service, when a Danish tourist is mistakenly killed in Budapest.