DURHAM Chief Constable Jon Stoddart has missed out on the high-profile job of leading the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
What does PSNI stand for?
PSNI stands for Police Service of Northern Ireland (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSNI
We have 9 other meanings of PSNI in our Acronym Attic
- Park Slope Neighborhood Family Center (Brooklyn, NY)
- Portable Symantec Norton Ghost (antivirus software; computers)
- Pastel Society of New Hampshire
- Poetry Society of New Hampshire
- Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Public Service of New Hampshire
- Puget Sound Neighborhood Health Centers (Seattle, WA)
- Partial Sciatic Nerve Injury
- Perceived Support Network Inventory (social support)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland
- Professional Systems Network, Inc.
- Public Sector Net Investment
- Pastel Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Green Village, NJ; est. 2005)
- Philharmonia of Southern New Jersey (Moorestown, NJ)
- Public Service New Jersey (photograph)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Nauczycieli Jezyka Niemieckiego
- Penn State New Kensington
- Partial Sciatic Nerve Ligation
- Plant, Soil and Nutrition Laboratory (New York)
- Portuguese Soccer News Links (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Constable Stephen Carroll, 48, from Banbridge, Co Down, became the first member of the new Police Service of Northern Ireland to be shot dead on duty when he was attacked in Craigavon, Co Armagh, last night.
Police Service of Northern Ireland officers from the Crime Operations Department travelled to Birmingham and, assisted by members of West Midlands Police, arrested one man, said a police spokesman.
After the Democratic Unionists challenged Sinn Fein to prove its support for the police, Mr Adams said his colleagues would encourage their community to work with the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
This endeavor led to the creation of the LinCT program, which is a collaborative effort with the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Scottish Police College with the assistance of Harvard University and St.