Night clouds or noctilucent clouds are tenuous cloud-like phenomena that are the "ragged-edge" of a much brighter and pervasive polar cloud layer called polar mesospheric clouds in the upper atmosphere, visible in a deep twilight.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Polar Mesospheric Clouds
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- Plano Molding Company (est. 1932; Plano, IL)
- Plant Materials Center (USDA; Pullman, WA)
- Plant Modeling Consortium (formerly Physical Modeling Consortium)
- Plastic & Metal Center Inc
- Platform Management Center (Sprint)
- Playmore Corporation
- Plumbing Mechanical Contractors (association)
- Pod Music Countdown
- Pointwise Multigroup Converter
- Pokémon Mystery Club (anime)
- Pole Maintenance Company, LLC (Columbus, NE)
- Policía Municipal Comunitaria (Spanish: Community Municipal Police; Peru)
- Political Media Consultant
- Polyimide Matrix Composite
- Polymer and Materials Chemistry
- Polymer Matrix Composite
- Poor Man's Copyright
- Port Management Card
- Port of Melbourne Corporation (shipping; Melbourne, Australia)
- Portable Media Center (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gardner notes that his team's finding of higher altitudes for Southern Hemisphere polar mesospheric clouds contradicts data from satellite measurements.