The city unveiled the new headquarters for the Office of Emergency Management last week, a 65,000 s/f building in downtown Brooklyn that will act during crises and special events in the city as a central point of information and coordination between various government agencies as well as industry associations.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Point of Information
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Pissed Off Iraqi
- Plan d'Opération Interne (French: Plan of Internal Operation)
- Plan of Implementation (UN)
- Plan of Improvement (various organizations)
- Plan Of Instruction
- Plane of Innovation (Everquest game)
- Planned Operational Interval (US DoD; naval aviation)
- Point of Impact
- Point of Impingement
- Point of Inflection (mathematics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The web site is a central point of information for training materials, IT support information, and IT news, helping the JCALS achieve their mission of developing a basic infrastructure system to provide interconnectivity and data management for acquisition and logistic functional areas.