His chest X-ray showed a tension pneumothorax on the left with mediastinal shift.
What does PNO stand for?
PNO stands for Pneumothorax (pulmonology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNO
We have 41 other meanings of PNO in our Acronym Attic
- Particularized Number Needed to Treat
- Pa-O National Organization (Myanmar)
- Pagan's Night Out (est. 1992)
- Pair Natural Orbital
- Parent's Night Out
- Pecunia Non Olet (Latin: money does not smell)
- Petri Nets with Objects
- Piano (music)
- Planned Nonoperation (vehicle status)
- Plasma-Nitrided Oxide
- Port of New Orleans
- Precipitation Amount Not Available (METAR code)
- Premerger Notification Office (US FTC)
- Prenegotiation Objective (contracting)
- Principal Nursing Officer
- Program Number
- Project Number (assigned by activity)
- Property Notarization Order (real estate)
- Provider Network Operations (medical care)
- Pseudo-Natural Orbital
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pneumothorax is a condition characterized by the accumulation of gas between the parietal and visceral pleurae.
2008 ABSTRACT Spontaneous pneumothorax is a rarely seen complication in metastatic pulmonary diseases.
According to his doctors, the 40-year-old suffered fractures on various parts of his body, as well as pneumothorax -- an accumulation of air in the space between the lung and chest wall, causing the lung to collapse.
8,11,12) Tension Pneumothorax Tension pneumothorax is the cause of death in approximately 5% of combat wounded with potentially survivable injuries.
An initial chest radiograph revealed a differential transradiancy of the hemithoraces, and a diagnosis of spontaneous left pneumothorax was made.