This year, two mass-produced plug-in electric vehicles have been released: the hybrid Chevy Volt and the all-electric Nissan Leaf.
What does PEV stand for?
PEV stands for Plug-in Electric Vehicle (transportation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PEV
We have 41 other meanings of PEV in our Acronym Attic
- Professional Educators Union
- Public Employee Union (various locations)
- Port Elgin United Church (Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada)
- Polyelectrolyte Enhanced Ultra-Filtration
- Plasma Etch Users Group (Sunnyvale, CA)
- Post-Ejaculatory Urinary Misfire
- Perceived Environmental Uncertainty Questionnaire
- Partido Ecologista os Verdes (The Greens, Portuguese ecological party)
- Personal Electric Vehicle (transportation device)
- Peta Electron Volt
- Politique Européenne de Voisinage
- Port Everglades (Florida)
- Portable Electric Vehicle
- Positive Effect Variegation
- Potenciales Evocados Visuales (Spanish: Visual Evoked Potentials; brain activity)
- Prediction Error Variance
- Poly Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (chemistry)
- Presbytery of Eastern Virginia
- Pre-Election Voter Awareness Campaign
- Professional Event Videographers Association Northwest (Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ability of a plug-in electric vehicle to reduce greenhouse gas emissions depends on where you live, according to a report from Argonne National Laboratory.
Ted Kulongoski Wednesday unveiled a still-sketchy package of green transportation ideas he's planning to pursue next year, including tax incentives for plug-in electric vehicles and devising a strategy to reduce the number of miles driven in the state.