In addition, this Multiplex IHC test is particularly useful to reduce false negatives and false positives for microinvasion; when there are overlapping features of lobular carcinoma in situ and ductal carcinoma in situ in a lesion; when there is necrosis potentially masking microinvasion; to differentiate higher nuclear grade LCIS patients such as pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ which may mimic DCIS; and in LCIS samples where LCIS cells grow into a duct, or the lobule becomes distended so that its appearance is similar to a duct, making the differentiation of LCIS and DCIS more challenging.
What does PLC stand for?
PLC stands for Pleomorphic Lobular Carcinoma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLC
We have 468 other meanings of PLC in our Acronym Attic
- Philmont Leadership Challenge (Philmont Training Center; Cimarron, NM)
- Phospholipase C
- Piecewise Linear Coarsening
- Pigmented Lesion Clinic
- Pilgrim Lutheran Church (various locations)
- Pilot Lighting Control (aviation)
- Planar Lightwave Circuit
- Platform LAN Connect Device (Intel Pentium processors)
- Platoon Leader's Course (USMC Officer Program)
- Platoon Leaders Class
- Plymouth Laryngectomy Club (UK)
- Pneumatic Logic Control (Houston, TX)
- Point of Last Contact
- Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth (dual state)
- Polymer Liquid Crystal
- Polymer of Low Concern (chemicals)
- Pontypool Leisure Centre (UK)
- Portevin le Chatelier (Effect)
- Positive Living Centre (Australia)
- Post Literacy Class
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] PLEOMORPHIC LOBULAR CARCINOMA IN SITU Recently, a pleomorphic subtype of LN (pleomorphic lobular carcinoma in situ [PLCIS]) has become more widely recognized.