1: A Design for Living in the Digital Age") in which I lauded something called "P3" (now p3p), the platform for privacy preferences.
What does P3 stand for?
P3 stands for Platform for Privacy Preferences
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of P3
We have 8 other meanings of P3 in our Acronym Attic
- Norsk Rikskringkasting Program 3
- Parallel Porting and Productizing
- Parish Paths Partnership (UK)
- Past President, President, President-Elect (IEEE Computer Society)
- Pentium III
- People Planet Profit (Colorado Business for Social Responsibility)
- Perception and Performance Prototyper
- Persona 3 (game)
- Personalization Preparation Process
- Pharmaceuticals Partnership Program (Australia)
- Power of Three (Charmed)
- Pre-Planning Package
- Precision Pulsed Plasma
- Preliminary Planning Process (US DoD)
- Premeditated Personnel Parachuting
- Preservation, Packaging and Packing
- Primary 3 (various schools)
- Primavera Project Planner
- Product, Price, Promotion (marketing analysis tool)
- Program Prioritization Profile
Samples in periodicals archive:
1: A Design for Living in the Digital Age) in which I lauded something called "P3" (now p3p), the platform for privacy preferences.
The Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P), which allows privacy policies to be read by standard Web browsers so that users can see whether a site's privacy practices match their personal preferences, has been in existence for more than a year.
Business interests also tout technological solutions, such as the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) standard that Microsoft is incorporating into its new version of Internet Explorer.
After a lengthy legal analysis, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has concluded that its Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) does not infringe a patent held by Intermind Corp.