Splenomegaly may be present due to platelet sequestration and not extramedullary hematopoiesis.
What does PSQ stand for?
PSQ stands for Platelet Sequestration
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSQ
We have 24 other meanings of PSQ in our Acronym Attic
- Pharmacy's Steps of Quality
- Philadelphia Seaplane Base
- Philippine Society for Quality
- Philippine Statistics Quiz
- Photographic Society of Queensland (Australia)
- Photographic Society of Quincy (Illinois)
- Piano and String Quartet
- Pioneer String Quartet
- Pipsqueak (gene)
- Planification Sanitaire Qualitative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thrombocytopenia is a significant feature of chronic liver diseases including cirrhosis and attributed to passive platelet sequestration in the spleen.
Generally speaking, the etiology of thrombocytopenia can be categorized by decreased platelet production, increased platelet destruction, or platelet sequestration.