These types of abnormalities are reflected by morphologic parameters such as the MPV and the platelet distribution width (PDW).
What does PDW stand for?
PDW stands for Platelet Distribution Width
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDW
We have 54 other meanings of PDW in our Acronym Attic
- Packaged Drinking Water
- Parallel Data Warehouse (Microsoft)
- Passive Death Wish (psychiatry)
- Pennsylvania Department of Welfare
- Per Discussion With
- Personal Data Warehouse
- Personal Defense Weapon
- Personal Development Workshop (various organizations)
- Phosphate Development Works
- Physical Damage Waiver
- Power Drive Woofer
- Prairie Dogs of War (airsoft team; Canada)
- Prestige Dawning Wheels
- Procurement Data Warehouse (Australia)
- Procurement, Defense Wide
- Product Development Web
- Program Development Workstation
- Program Director, Warfare
- Project Definition Workshop (Project Management)
- Proposal Development Worksheet
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although platelet parameters, including the mean platelet volume (MPV) and the platelet distribution width (PDW), have been routinely available to clinicians for some time, their role in the diagnosis and management of patients remains unclear.
Counting of blood cells is based on the volumetric impedance method, directly measuring white blood cells (WBC), red blood cells (RBC), hemoglobin (HGB), platelets, mean corpuscular volume (MCV), and mean platelet volume, and automatically calculating hematocrit (HCT), mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH), MCH concentration (MCHC), RBC distribution width, plateletcrit, and platelet distribution width.