It has a mean liquid limit of 27, mean plasticity index of 12 and a shear strength that varies from 44 to71 kN/[m.
What does PI stand for?
PI stands for Plasticity Index
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PI
We have 126 other meanings of PI in our Acronym Attic
- Piauí (Brazilian state)
- Pigeon Trainer (US Navy)
- Pinellas (plant; Florida)
- Pinneberg (auto license plate)
- Pisa (Tuscany, Italy)
- Planet Internet
- Plant Industry (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation; Australia)
- Plant Information (real-time software products such as SCADA)
- Plant Integrity
- Plaque Index (oral hygiene)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The normalized adhesion increased with the plasticity index whereas the angle of friction showed an increase followed by a decrease in the normalized cohesion/adhesion [9, 15], followed by its interaction with the textured and smooth geomembranes.
2) The fine content of soil is smaller than 35% or larger than 35% but the plasticity index is smaller than 15.