Large-scale production of plasmid DNA (pDNA) for medical use is however a new field in biopharmacy.
What does pDNA stand for?
pDNA stands for Plasmid DNA
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of pDNA
We have 8 other meanings of pDNA in our Acronym Attic
- Power Distribution Network
- Preliminarily Defined Number
- Primary Database Network (ASEAN)
- Private Data Network
- Private Duty Nursing
- Procedure Departure Notice
- Product Discontinuation Notice
- Proximal Diabetic Neuropathy
- Public Data Network
- Personality DNA (website)
- Post-Disaster Needs Assessment
- Preliminary Damage and Needs Assessment (disaster relief)
- Private Duty Nursing Agency (healthcare)
- Professional Development Needs Analysis (Australia)
- Palm Desert National Bank (Palm Desert, CA)
- Palmar Digital Nerve Block (horses)
- Penile Dorsal Nerve Block
- Photographs Do Not Bend (Gallery)
- Punish the Deed Not the Breed
- Public Data Network Billing System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ease and reproducibility of plasmid DNA isolation from bacteria permits numerous labs to conduct molecular biology experiments and greatly accelerates progress in understanding complex biological processes.
The utility of this vector lies in its ability to isolate, manipulate and maintain large fragments in bacteria and yeast, allowing for mutagenesis by yeast genetics and simplified preparation of plasmid DNA in bacteria.
Sigma, a division of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ:SIAL), has introduced a new plasmid DNA isolation method designed to help researchers achieve high-quality DNA for automated sequencing in less time.
At the February meeting in Bethesda, for example, Clegg detailed efforts to encapsulate plasmid DNA in microscopic spheres of a biopolymer called PLG.
Plasmid preparation: Different plasmid preparation kits and instrument have been applied for plasmid DNA preparation following the manufacture's instruction, which include QIAprep (QIAGEN, Valencia, CA) and MINI-PREP 96[TM] (MacConnell, San Diego, CA).